- The Gomez PEER application only works when your machine is connected to Internet – so make sure you’re online as often as possible to maximize your earnings potential.
- After downloading the Gomez PEER and making sure you’re connected to the Internet, make sure to run the application as often as possible. Running the application in the background of your system as often as possible ensures that your machine will take advantage of all the testing opportunities available in your area. The more tests your PEER application executes the higher your payment.
- Only PEERs with accrued system activity and online time will be activated. So run the Gomez PEER application as often as possible to increase your chances of being activated.
- Verify that the Internet connection type, country, and zip/postal code you indicated in the "Preferences" menu in the Gomez PEER application window matches the true location and bandwidth of your machine. Inaccurate information will make you ineligible for activation.
Ensure that you completed the online application form completely by logging in to your account and clicking on “Change your profile.” Invalid or incomplete home address, email address and payment information can prevent you from being selected as an active PEER.
Please Note: Account activation depends on how well your system characteristics (connection type, location, etc) match our current testing needs. We would encourage you to be patient with the program but we cannot guarantee that you will be activated. All pending PEER accounts are reviewed for activation approximately every 2 weeks; continue to run the PEER application to remain eligible for account activation. For updates on our latest testing and activation needs be sure to check our News Page and connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Increase your Online Time: Spend more time connected to the Internet and watch your Online Time figures increase! Plus, the more time you're online, the greater the chance of accumulating Processing Time!
- Referrals: Tell your friends, family, coworkers, and anyone else you know about the Gomez PEER application! You will earn a referral bonus for each new PEER we activated who enters your username in the "I Was Referred By" field on the application page. Visit our Refer a Friend page to learn more!
- Adjust the amount of work the Gomez PEER application processes by setting the performance manager to “Max.” You can find the performance manager by clicking on “Options” > “Preferences” in the PEER application window. Increasing your machine’s workload increases the amount of time your computer will spend processing work earning you higher monthly payments.
- Add more PCs to your PEER account. If you have any additional PCs that you can use, register them and install the PEER application on those machines.
- Verify your preferences on the PEER user interface. To be eligible for online time and work processed payments, the characteristics (country, zip/postal code, Internet connection type) you indicate on the PEER preferences window must match the actual characteristics of your PC. Please follow these steps to verify your PEER preferences: Select "Options" from the menu on the PEER user interface and choose "Preferences."
- Check your screen saver and energy saver settings. The Gomez PEER application continues to run while your screen saver is on. However, if your energy saver is activated and shuts down your hard drive, the PEER will be unable to communicate with Gomez servers. Check your energy saver settings to ensure that your hard drive is not set to shut down after a certain amount of inactivity.
- Use the tools found on our Refer a Friend page to earn referral bonuses. Refer friends, family and coworkers directly or, if you have a website, download and display pre-made referral banners.
Dial-Up User Tips
- Many dial-up Internet service providers will automatically disconnect your PC from the Web after a certain period of inactivity. There are many programs available on the Internet that will maintain your Internet connection. A simple online search for "modem dialers" will produce a number software options that should help you address this issue.